Thursday, January 10, 2008

A brand new car!!!

We received a phone call last night from a company that Mr. C entered a drawing with. They informed him that we had been chosen to win one of the top five prizes and all we had to do was come on out and pull a piece of paper out from a bowl and see what we had won. It could be anything from a cruise to Mexico, a trip to Hawaii, or a brand new car worth up to $100,000!!! And all we have to do is show up!!! Well, that's not quite true. We also have to sit through a 90 min presentation on time shares.

Now, I don't know about you, but that sounds suspicious to me. However they said that we would not be required to buy or sign up for anything. And Mr. C asked them to email him all the info. And they were being supported by the Dicken's Faire, which is pretty reputable. (mostly...in recent years)

I don't mind sitting in on a presentation. 90 min seems like a small price to pay for a nice prize. However there is a catch (there is always a catch) they do not want children under the age of 10 there. So we will need to figure out what to do with Mel-Belle. Perhaps I can convince someone to masquerade as me so I can sit in the car with Melly and wait and while we still get the prize. Or possible have someone sit in the car with Melly while I go to the presentation so I can come out and rescue/feed if necessary.

Who knows, maybe they are legit. Maybe we will have a new car on Sunday. Or maybe we will get a nice lunch with a friend and screw the stinking time share anyway.

2 comments:

blue-foot Sue said...

Just because they SAY they are supported by Dickens doesn't really prove it. You should check with the Dickens people.
Other concerns I have are that if there are several prizes you are likely to get the cheapest one. That would be the Mexico cruise.
Another worry is that you would have to pay the sales tax if you did get a car.

Mr. W said...

Yeah, if you do win something cool watch out for taxes. I want to believe the best about it, but the taxes on cool prizes can really ruin the whole thing.

Nonetheless, good luck, don't buy a time share, and I hope you do win something cool.

Take'em for all their worth!