Thursday, January 31, 2008

Milestones

Yesterday was Mel-belle's 3 month birthday. She is becoming quite the charmer with the sitting up and the smiling and the laughing. My personal favorite time is when she ends a crying fit by looking directly at you and saying "Meh!". Totally priceless.

Meanwhile the milestone she passed yesterday was the official "Baby's first spewing milk out of her nose" moment. (Unfortunately I was not there to witness it, but I have been assured that it was spectacular.) Apparently the little missy was busy chugging a bottle and coughed at the same time as she slurped. Thus causing milk to go up her nose. And a moment after she realized what she had done she screamed bloody murder. (When I was told about this later that night I laughed so hard my side hurt.)

In other news, yesterday I also took the first of many Russian classes. I am kind of sad that I have been losing my language skills and have been looking for a place to get them back. So I enrolled in a Russian class through the parks and rec people. It's fun. I decided to take the beginning class because even though I speak some Russian I am missing lots of fundamentals... like cursive and vocabulary. (There was only so much I needed to talk about on a daily basis.) The first few classes are going to be really easy for me, but hopefully they will become a little more challenging as the weeks go on. (I get 12 weeks!)

The condo is still in the question phase. Well, the loan for the condo is still in the question phase. The loan lady asked us if we could come up with more money for a down payment and we are struggling to put some together. (So far we have managed to beg, borrow and steal all but 1000 dollars of what she asked for, go us!) Another positive is that the bank sent an appraiser to the condo yesterday. Which means that we have probably passed their income phase and moved on to the 'is this a reasonable amount of money to give them' phase. I still have high hopes even though it is taking a long time. I really would love to be able to stay in the area.

And now I have to get back to work.

This message has been sanitized for your protection.

1 comment:

Polar said...

Melly is such a cutie! "Meh," huh? Wonder where ever she would get that from =P I'll cross my fingers for you on the condo (and my toes too!)