Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't sneak up on new mommies

We had a wonderful weekend. Lots of signing paperwork for the condo and spending time in the bright sunshine. We even had a visit from one of the Grandmas. It was very nice and relaxing and full of fun!

On Saturday night we all went out to dinner. It was a little late and Melly had been awake all day and was getting tired and over stimulated. So as soon as the dinner was over I took her in her stroller outside to get some fresh air and away from the noise. (And hopefully to fall asleep). I was out there alone for a few minutes waiting for Mr. C and his mom to pay and leave.

I stopped and stretched for a second and took my hand off the stroller. Then out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone running straight for me and the baby. I reached for the stroller and held it in a death grip and balled up my right hand to give the attacker a punch in the face....and stopped about a half second before punching Mr. C in the face for coming after my child.

What did we learn from this little story? Don't charge a woman with a stroller, no matter how well you know her.

No comments: