Thursday, May 22, 2008

The missing piece

Yesterday I did something slightly traumatic. It all started when my baby's doctor told me to get my forehead birthmark looked at. I dutifully went and made an appointment to see my doctor. She looked at it and said "Well, it's changing but probably not cancer. But you should get it removed anyway."

So I made an appointment to see the dermatologist. And yesterday she scraped off the new puffy part (which was why everyone was looking at it). And I have been sporting a beautiful band-aid on my forehead ever since.

It's strange. I never really though about my birthmark before. It's always just been there. And now that it is almost gone, I kinda miss it. (Not all the way gone as I just had her take off the puffy part and not take out the whole thing because I wasn't too worried about cancer but it has been acting funny and I don't like the new puffy version.)

So the next time you see me I will be almost birthmark free.

One more small piece of me gone.

1 comment:

Mr. W said...

Ummm... wait. That's not cool.

You're gonna have to tell me more about this.

Soon.
Tomorrow.

I'm gonna call you.
If you don't call me first.

I don't like this news.