Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home is where you hang your pictures

Well we made it. All of our stuff made it. And I should be asleep...but instead I am sending out a blog to everyone in cyberspace.

The move was not without it's problems... The movers destroyed about 75% of our furniture, we are having issues with the mail, and Melly is not taking to all the new places... But when all is said and done, this is good.

Today we went out and found a Bed Bath and Beyond to get some containers for fabric and some bath mats. We also went to Trader Joes! I love trader Joes!!! (Thank you SCNTP!!!!) We had an exciting time driving around in the rain and getting lost. The positive is that we found where we were going with only a little side tracking. And now we know where some stuff is. Double plus good.

Yesterday we took Melly down to the pool for the first time. She seemed to like it. Especially when we let her sit on the top step and splash. My little water baby!!! I also managed to put up mu pictures. (And for those of you who have been to my house know that having my pictures up is very important to me.) So the place is beginning to feel like my home and not just a place to stop by for a while. I love the kitchen! I adore the bathrooms (yes, plural)! and I can't stop this wonderful feeling of happiness when I put dished in a dishwasher. Ah, modern living. No more septic tank for me!

I have lots of very cute baby photos from our stay in LA... Unfortunately the computer on which I can post them is still in boxes. And has to remain so until we get a computer desk. But have no fear... we should be ordering one on Saturday. So hopefully I can post them soon.

And that's all the news from right now. I really should go to bed. It's late and no one really knows when the baby will decide to wake up and need attention.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Polar said...

Yay! Glad you made it and are safe =) Your baby is way too adorable, btw.