Tuesday, September 23, 2008

C with your tour guide Melly!

Hi! I'm Melly. You might remember me from such posts as "Barbarian Baby" and "C is for Carrots". I know that lots of you wonder about the new neighborhood I just moved to. So to curb your curiosity, I'm here to take you on a little walking tour to the library. So put on your walking shoes and come along.


And so we're off. This is the first street we walk down. It's pretty with trees and houses and grass. I like it. It is also very quiet. I know that my mom likes the houses and can't wait until we can move into one.


Here is the second turn. We still have a ways to go though.


Are you still there? I haven't lost you have I? Do you need me to slow down or anything?


Right about here is where we leave the neighborhood walking and get on the walking path. It's pretty and has lots of trees and stuff. Sometimes we find kids playing here. I like to watch them play and will be big enough one day to play with them.


This is my favorite part. We get to see frogs and rabbits and all kinds of birds and stuff. And when the Hurricane came through this whole path was completely under water. Just behind those trees is a big lake. Not a swimming lake, but pretty anyway.


Oh, we are almost there! This part is not so pretty. We have to go back to the street and off the walking path. But that's OK since it's only for a tiny little while.


We made it! Look at how pretty the building is. It's full of books and computers and other kids for me to play with. I just love it here. When I am a little older (and don't eat the books anymore) I can check out stuff too!


Sadly, now the tour is almost over. I can see the complex now. And that means I have to have a nap.


Oh but wait, I can show you so much more before we go home. If the weather stays nice, this is where we are going to have my first birthday party! I'm so excited. I get to eat all the cake I want!


And we're home!


That concludes our tour today. I hope you have all had a nice time. For those of you who are wondering this little walk is just about two miles. I hope to have some new tours for you soon.

Bye!

2 comments:

blue-foot Sue said...

Thanks for the great tour!
Your neighborhood is much easier to picture now.

Polar said...

Love the pictures =) I can't wait for more walking tours!