Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Fall!

We have officially made it to Fall. Thank goodness! The temperatures are dropping and going outside is much more pleasant. It is also time for a lot of stuff to happen... (and here is yesterday as a case in point)

We... Slept in late (7:30 ?!?!?! WOW!!!)
Went to Gymboree
Did some sewing. (Almost finished a project I promised to Mr. C about two years ago)
Took two naps.
Got an appointment to talk with the UNC people about my MSW.
Joined Weight Watchers.
Went to the fabric store.
And ran errands... all in time to come home and watch the season premiere of Heroes.
Not bad for one day if I do say so myself.

What's that, you are questioning my Weight Watchers? Yes. That's correct. This will be the second time I have joined a weight loss group. However, if this one goes as well as the last one, we will be doing great (minus the baby part where I get all the weight back and then some).

And UNC? Well, I need to talk with someone about written evaluations instead of grades. I finally got up the courage to get all of my evaluations sent to me to read over. And you know what? I didn't do as badly as I thought. The first thing is they really only look at your last 60 credits. Which is good because I apparently rocked in my Junior and Senior years but was not as cool as I thought I was in Freshman and Sophomore. When converting goods and very goods to As and Bs it is all subjective. Hopefully they will look past my need to not have grades and look instead to my two years of Peace Corps and my three years of Social work after that. Who knows what might happen.

And...as we all know, I can't leave you without a picture. So here you go. After all the excitement yesterday we were just a little tuckered out.

No comments: