Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Goodness gracious

So a while ago I told you all of the trials and tribulations of taking secretary tests. How I was all worried and stressed because I can't spell and did not so hot on that portion. Well... last week I received a call saying that they wanted me to come in for the third interview (because someone who can spell better than me dropped out). So on Monday, with no actual hope of getting this job, I walked back into their office and had another interview. I felt it went pretty well. But I also thought that the woman who would be my direct supervisor didn't like me. *sigh* So I wasn't holding my breath.

That was until I got a call from Ms. B saying that she had received a call from this nice lady asking all kinds of questions about me... Hmmmm.... Then my boss got one. Very interesting.

And what does this mean for our heroine? This afternoon I received a call from the HR guy offering me the job!!! I am going to be working in the same city I live in!!! I am going to be making more money!!! No more commute!!! And they already know about Melody and don't seem to be over worried about maternity leave!!! OMG!!!

I go in on Monday for finger printing and all of that goodness and then on the 2nd of Aug, I will start my new job. *sigh* Happy noises.

As always, the right thing comes along when it needs to come and never before, no matter how much I push for it.

2 comments:

blue-foot Sue said...

Wow!!! Completely wonderful!!!
I'm so happy for you.
I will try to call you from Alaska.

Polar said...

Eeeeeeee!!! That is so exciting! Congratulations! =)