Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The problem with applying for jobs

As most of you know I have been out of work since July. And since I am getting unemployment, I have been looking for jobs. I have been sort of looking for a job. Well, really I have been half heartedly looking for a job and applying for positions that I would love to get, but are pretty much out of my league. I like being a stay at home mom. I like being able to do things with my baby.

Now comes the hard part. I just got a call back for a job. According to my contract with the state, I have to be seriously looking. SO I need to do this. It's a part time position. And if I were offered it I would still be able to spend time with my baby. But Mr. C is out of town this week and I need to call them back to schedule the interview. What should I do? I don't have anyone to watch the baby this week... SO I will call back and ask if next week is OK. And then figure out how to deal with this if they actually offer me the job... it would be good for my resume... good for my self esteem... not so hot for the wallet... and possibly not good at all for the baby.

What to do.

What to do.

What to do.

1 comment:

littledevilworks said...

Oh darlin' I know what you mean. Obviously not to leave your baby at home, but what to do. I didn't get the perm job, and now got asked to commit to a temp job through Dec. So do I take the steady (but low) income, or do I keep looking? Good luck and give Miss Mel-belle a kiss for me!