Monday, December 01, 2008

A Christmas Poem

'Twas a month before Christmas and so don't you see,
It was the perfect time to go get my tree.
My mom took her camera and I took my dad
For just down the street good trees could be had.

Soon I was strapped in, all snug in my stroller,
We started the walk there before I could smolder.
With mom and her keen eye and me dressed like an elf,
I got so excited, I can't help myself!

Away to the tree farm we went like a flash,
past all the cows and little bits of trash.

The sun on the needles of the freshly cut trees,
made them sparkle and shine, surely to please.

When what to my wondering eye should appear
but the perfect tree and a man with some gear.
He fixed up our tree so lively and quick
I knew in a moment he knew every trick.

More rapid than eagles my daddy he came
to carry my tree home was his only aim.

As dry leaves fly before the wild hurricane fly
we made that tree stand straight into the sky.
Mom spoke not a word but went straight to work
and decorated my tree then turned with a jerk.

And kissing me gently all over my face
and giving a nod, into my PJs I race.

And now I will sigh as I'm tucked in tonight,
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"

2 comments:

Fischer Family said...

Such a great post. Love it! She's a cutie pie for sure. :-)

Mr. W said...

Also... The picture in the PJ's.

Gonna be printed. For my desk.