Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wall Art


I have been attempting to make Melly's room feel all baby friendly (since we didn't have a room for her for so long). And one of the things that the experts recommend is putting the child's name on the wall. Something about name recognition and such. So when we opened the wonderful gift from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa S we had the means to make it a reality. On Monday we all went to the craft store and got some cardboard letters. (Which makes them really light weight and safe to put over the baby's bed. I still spend time thinking if something is going to be earthquake safe or not. Go figure.) I spent that afternoon and night painting them up...and yesterday afternoon we put them on the wall. I think they turned out wonderfully. (Unfortunately my photography skills are far worse than my crafting skills and so the picture is less than wonderful, but you can still see pretty good.) I personally like the polka-dots the best. But the glitter ones are cool too. I just hope Melly likes them as she gets older.

Thank you for the wonderful gift Great Grandma and Grandpa S!

No comments: