Monday, December 15, 2008

December

It's been a while since I just posted about life and so here goes...

Mr. C is working very hard. Right now I believe he is on a conference call about a project that he mostly completed a while back and is now doing the de-bugging. Very nice. :) Otherwise he is going to be here for the holidays. No out of town trips until February (that we know of) which means that we all get to have a nice holiday together.

Melly has managed to not knock her face on anything in the last few days and her black eye is almost healed. She is getting to be so much fun. She repeats sounds you give her and sometimes it actually sounds like words. Speaking of which we now say (and understand) two words... baby and bye-bye. Baby is used when she sees herself or pictures of herself and bye-bye is accompanies with a wave...always! She is big time into real food and wants to try anything and everything we eat. However she is really not into meant yet. Although I have been giving her spaghetti (the baby food version) and she seems to really like it. So cheers to that.

We are all ready for Christmas here. Grandma C and Grandpa J are coming to town next weekend until the 24th. And we are very excited about that. The tree has survived various attempts from the baby to pull it down, although she seems more intent on smelling it than actually pulling it. And it sure looks funny being nude for the first foot or so (nothing for the baby to pull down). But with presents piled on bookshelves around it we couldn't be happier.

And finally myself...as of this morning I have an audition for a city choir in January. I'm not sure what to sing for the audition, but I need to figure it out soon. It would be nice to have another singing group. I miss singing. I finished all of my holiday sewing...and most of Mr. C's stocking. Hopefully it will be ready by Christmas eve...but you never know. All of the presents are in the mail, all of the cards have been sent (if you haven't gotten one yet keep watching the mail...some went out this past weekend....

And now Melly needs attention so I will leave you...

1 comment:

blue-foot Sue said...

which city?
I think it should be wonderful to have a chance to sing with a group.