Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Choir

Last night I auditioned for a city choir. It was nerve wracking and terrible up until I actually got to the audition. Then I sat in the waiting area with several very nice people and discussed children. After waiting for quite a while (I was there really early) I was called in and...did a pretty darn good job for singing a piece of music that I had to imagine the accompaniment to. (I wish I had a piano, once again something I can have once we have a house of our very own. Oh yah, and don't live on the third floor.) But I only flubbed the last note (mostly because of poor breath placement) and the director said I had a beautiful voice! He called it velvet! (Big old blush from me, than you very much.) I even get to be a second alto! Ah, I love singing second alto. It's perfect. Rehearsals start on the 26th. I am so excited. The best part is that they are on Mondays. Which means that I can go to my WW meeting and then home for a moment before going to rehearsal. A perfect night if I do say so myself.

I am so excited! I can't wait!

Want to learn more? Click here.

No comments: