Thursday, April 02, 2009

50 more years

This week Mr. C got a shock. I sent him to the Doctor (mostly so we could get a doctor) on the pretense that he had been diagnosed as pre-diabetic a few years ago and we wanted to know what was going on now. (when actually what he wanted was a physical but this doctor won't give them until you are an established patient...so strange.) Anyway he took the tests and we waited... And on Tuesday an apparently flustered nurse called and informed him that his sugar was seriously high and he needed to come in right away for treatment. So on Wednesday he went in and got some pills (with a side effect of weight loss, can I have some of those when I'm not pregnant?) a business card for a nutritionist and strict diet and exercise requirements. He is down over 200 points after two days and will soon be in the 'normal' range. (We hope.) Not quite the news we were expecting.

Funny side note...I wanted to test my blood sugar and was such a baby that I couldn't prick my own finger. So Mr. C had to do it. I am happy to report that after the dinner and ice cream that I ate I was still only in the 90's. So no gestational diabetes for me.

I did, however, inform Mr. C that I expect him to be here for me for at least fifty more years. And he is off to a great start.

No comments: