Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend review

This weekend was pretty good...

It started on Friday with a welcome weekend for UNC. I got all kinds of info about what is going to happen in the next few weeks, about what I can expect for the Fall, and who I need to talk to about being pregnant while in grad school. It was pretty wonderful. I am still on this "I can't believe that they actually accepted me" kick. But, other than that I am applying for a position with The Collaborative and I really hope I get in. I have to promise to work for child welfare for at least two years after I graduate, but since I was planning on going there anyway, it doesn't seem too much of an issue. But their positions are very competitive and so I will need to write a very good application...cross your fingers for me. (Plus they have a scholarship and that would be nice too!)

One sad part about my time at UNC was I missed Melly's first swimming lesson. She went on Saturday morning with her daddy. Apparently she splashed and laughed and had a grand old time. Apparently her enthusiasm won her funny looks form some of the other parents. All I have to say is "thbbbbbbbbbth". I love that Melly enjoys life so much! I can't wait until next Saturday when I get to go there with them. I will have pictures and everything!

Unfortunately, whatever bug I had last weekend came back with a vengeance this weekend. (Is there such a thing as the weekend flu?) So I spent a day feeling terrible and wishing that I would feel better quickly. I seem to be much better today...but I am ready to lose the cough and upset tummy.

Last but not least we have our tickets for games at GenCon!!!! I am so excited about this. Our trip in August is completely planned now. As this will be our last baby free vacation for many years, we are making the most of it. Now if only the hotel has a massage parlor.....

The waiting is the hardest part.

No comments: