Thursday, November 24, 2005

The day after

If there are signs in the universe, things that tell you what you should be doing, then I apparently am supposed to have a big family. Why, you ask? Well I managed to make Thanksgiving dinner (most of it was Chris, really) for a family of at least four. There is so much left over food, we will have mashed potatoes for a week. But it was sure tasty.

On the brighter side, this is the first year (that I am in the states) that I am not working a retail job on the day after thanksgiving. No sales, no customers, nothing. I am going to stay home and sleep the day away. In fact it is possible that I won't even have to work. Hooray! And just to prove that the holiday season has really started, it's raining outside. That's right... Bring on the holidays.

I am going to get my christmas tree on Saturday. It's very exciting. Last year I had to wait until just before christmas for it, so this year I am maximizing the tree time. I am also teasing my housemate. She was told what her present was and forgot. So while I am out getting the tree, I will pick up her present too... Then I am maximizing the time of her wishing she could remember what in the world we were going to get her. Christmas is fun.

And yes, I am at work again. With the same girls. Now here is a funny story. yesterday night I was told by one of the girls that I was "strict". It was really hard to not laugh, as I am constantly being told by other staff members to be stricter. In fact another staff was sitting in the other room and overheard... she bust up laughing. Well, it's good to know where I stand.

I suppose I should figure out what I am supposed to be doing tonight. Because I am at the wrong house, I have no idea. It's silly really. But I am so much more comfortable at the other house. Probably because I spend most of my time there.

So, I'm off to a night of flashlights, cleaning, and laundry. Tah.

No comments: