Monday, September 17, 2007

Moving along...

The shower invitations arrived on Saturday and I was sitting in bed last night addressing them to various people. I realized that I might now have ordered enough and might have to do a quick re-order... *sigh* But that are beautiful. And, hopefully, will be in the mail shortly.

This weekend was incredibly stressful. So everyone knows that I am in charge of the washing well at Northern this year...I had this suspicion that there would be issues... And here is my new one. The didn't bother to drain the well from last weekend. So when I arrived on Saturday morning ti was a sludge pit full of mosquito larva. Yummy. It smelled awful and looked even worse. So I told the girls to keep it's lid on and not to get near it. Then I went t looking for people in charge. I told everyone I could find how disgusting it was and how my girls were not getting anywhere near it. The ended up mostly pumping it on Saturday night. Which did a lot for the smell but not for the mosquitoes. Then I poured bleach into it and the girls put salt into it and together I think we killed just about everything.

I am so mad about this. I was promised so much and given nothing. In fact I was so stressed out that I made myself unable to continue being at the well all day on Sunday. And after being yelled at by the EMTs I was sent home by Ent staff. Which was probably for the best as I was not feeling so hot and allowed me to go to bed really early.

Now here it is Monday morning again...

1 comment:

blue-foot Sue said...

Oh, sweetie! You definitely shouldn't compromise your health for this, either mental or physical.
I don't think you should be inhaling any kind of toxic fumes, including bleach.

Take care of you and little Melody!