Thursday, September 27, 2007

Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit...


So I have been debating if I should write about this or not. I have come to the conclusion it is worth the telling but needs to come with a little preface. OK everyone, I went to the hospital last Friday because I was having trouble breathing and was very dizzy...but there was nothing wrong with me other than a panic attack. Get it? Nothing wrong! So you don't need to sit there and worry. The end of the story is boring. But here is the beginning...

So on Friday morning I was being run around at work during a meeting, I didn't have everything ready for faire, and I still needed to go to Costco. So I was feeling a little bit overworked. And then I started to get dizzy. As most of you know, this has been a common complaint since I got pregnant. So I decided to lay on the floor as a precaution.

However laying on the floor of your cubical in the middle of the office of education means that people walk by and panic for you. So to stop the madness (and make sure they didn't call an ambulance) I voluntarily had a co-worker drive me to the hospital. And at the front desk the nurse told me I was having a panic attack and to knock it the hell off. Which I promptly did and felt much better. Then they admitted me...

And I called Mr. C.

They hooked me up to an IV, to a fetal monitor, to a heart monitor, got me an EKG and took blood samples for anemia (again). And the whole time I was thinking (and sometimes saying) If I had been at home, I would not have come in here. I would have laid on the flood until I felt better.

Four hours later (and I'm sure hundreds of dollars later) I found out several things... Melody is reacting to just about everything I do (which is a great sign), she has a very strong heartbeat (and you can dance to it), it's fun to watch your mounters when they stick you with things and make you bleed because they go all screwie, IV bag really make you have to pee, I am having little tiny contractions (which are too small for me to feel) and am right on target for where I should be in my pregnancy, and because I'm preggers, I have to wear the fat people gown.

So much for the hospital. But don't worry, we'll be back there in a month or so.

No comments: