Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow, Strep, and the Salvation Army

Part of my agreement with Mr. C to move from CA was that I would only move to places with a 5% chance or less of snowing. So now that I am sitting in my living room looking at a winter storm that has once again dumped several inches of snow on my house...I'm a little disgruntled. Some of the natives have told me that this is the coldest and longest winter that they can remember. Great. Lucky me.

Strep. I'm sick. Really sick. fever, blisters on my tonsils, throwing up, sick. Really pleased about it too. Really. (I'm not being sarcastic because I'm eating the equivalent of adult baby food, heated.) It all started on Friday when I was feeling a little sick and had that tingling feeling in my throat. By Saturday I was falling apart and on Sunday I finally went to the doctor who after coming back with two negative tests looked at the spots and said "Well they look very inflamed so we will treat it like strep and take a culture for the outside lab." Then he asked, "Is anyone else sick at home?" Well Miss B? Is there?

And last but not least I have a job interview with the Salvation Army today...hence the issues with the snow and the strep. But never fear! I will overcome! I am going to that interview and I will rock it! I want this job!!! It's a volunteer coordinator position, so it's perfect for me. Cross your fingers everyone. This would be a great opportunity for me not to mention lots of fun.

So think of me in my snowy, strep induced prison, especially all of you in sunny CA.
Hey Miss B, aren't you glad you came last week?

1 comment:

Polar said...

I hope that all went well with your interview. Us in sunny CA have had rain. Random, random rain. And wind. Today was nice-ish though, hopefully the weather will stop being mean to you there soon!