Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yippee!

Yesterday I went to the mailbox and found a letter from UNC (University of N.C. at Chapel Hill.) and had a moment of panic. It was a little envelope. Not what I wanted to see for getting into grad school. But low and behold... there were several sheets of paper inside including the one that welcomes me into the master's program for Social Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to grad school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already sent back my intent to enter. Filled out my FAFSA. And have started looking into student loans. I am so excited. I really didn't think they were going to accept me. And now I do a happy dance. (insert happy dance here.)
The most difficult part of this is I need to prove that I have had my immunity shots. This is actually an issue. I have had them all, but can't prove any of them. (sigh) So far I have called the AFB hospital where I was born and they are going to fax me a form ( I love the government) to request copies. But I also have to get in touch with Peace Corps and get records from them. Hopefully between the two of them I will not have to get even more shots. (I already doubled up on several when I was in the Peace Corps because I couldn't prove them then.)

So excited!

MSW!!!!!!

I'm getting my masters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

littledevilworks said...

Ooo Congrats! I'm so excited for you!!! :)

Inyx said...

Congrats! That's very exciting!

Miss Kalendar said...

I knew you would get in! Did I not say you would make it?

Long distance dance of joy at you.

Miss Kalendar said...

PS. I had strep before I came to see you.....I had already finished my antibiotics.....so I hope it wasn't me that got you sick, and mine had no throwing up. That was the flu I just got this week. Yuck!

Don't get the flu!!

Polar said...

You rock! =)