Thursday, September 03, 2009

OB in week 32

So there is good news and possibly not so good news.

We'll start with the good news my blood pressure is really low! I'm a little more than a month away from having Ian and I'm still only coming out with 112 over 76. Which is amazing for me! Even more so when you compare that to my blood pressure with Melly which regularly came out to 140 over 90. So good there.

Now the possibly not so good news... Ian has gotten big. Big in the same way that I was told Melly was getting big (and we all know that that was a big fake-out). But I have an ultrasound scheduled for two weeks and well see where he really is. This does, however, give credence to my assertion that he is going to be early. I can only get so big! I'll keep everyone posted when I know anything else.

I am also the proud (and very uncomfortable) wearer of a heart monitor. While I was given a clean bill of health by the cardiologist, he still is doing his due diligence and following up with a week of monitoring. Which is a pain in the you know what for me. It is kinda cool though. I have electrodes attached to me and a little device hanging around my neck. And all of the info goes to a cell phone that has to be within 10 feet of my body. However the electrodes seem to keep falling off and every time I lose contact with the cell phone it makes noise which makes sleeping even more difficult than it already was. But having all of this done means that I won't have to do it again. Thank goodness.

Last weekend we went on a tour of the hospital where Ian is going to be born. The place looks like a spa. All of the rooms are very nice and even the ones that were not remodeled last year are still superior to the hospital in SC. There are even showers (or whorl-pool spas) in all the rooms so I won't have to lay around stinky for two days like last time. (Which reminds me I should probably pack my hospital bag soon...) It's very nice. And with school started and everything going as planned...I can't wait for Ian to show himself.

The fall is starting beautifully.

1 comment:

Polar said...

Ian is very pleased you are naming Ian Ian, but he still wishes that your last name was Eight. (This comment courtesy of a conversation I had with Ian F.)

I'm glad that the hospital sounds so nice!

Fun fact - your blog hates me and made me log into gmail to post it.