Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weeks to go before we sleep...

This past week was intense. It was the first week of school that I had papers due, a presentation, a quiz and an online post. I must say that I was very stressed out about it. I still don't know about the papers, but the professor informed our group that we did 'exceptionally well' and that we 'set the bar really high' for the other groups. I don't think my smile can get any bigger! And I took the quiz online and got 8 out of 10 which is a very respectable score. I have a paper due next week that I need to be working on, but I was smart and started it early and I have an appointment with the professor of another class to discuss the abstract that I am so very confused about. School is going well, I think. I am feeling much more confident.

I am also huge! I can't wait for Ian to make his appearance because, let me tell you, I don't think I can get much bigger. Luckily, with the amount of pressure, braxton hicks contractions, and general wiggly-ness I truly think this boy is coming in in about a week.

The upcoming week is going to be difficult. Mr. C has to go on another business trip this week. In fact it is a last second, emergency trip that he does not want to go on. So he is very bitter about it. It means that I have re-worked my school schedule to make sure Melly gets picked up and dropped off at daycare, and I have another OB appointment. Luckily my mom is coming to visit on Friday and Mr. C will be back on Saturday morning. If everything goes according to plan I will be in labor next weekend and will have all kinds of exciting things to post!

Big happy? Yes, we have one of those too... Mr. C went through a week of meetings that he was frustrated by but the result was...a new position. Not only is he changing positions so he will not be traveling out of state anymore and will be going into the office everyday! Big change. It comes with a new title that puts him on another career path that may be more closely related to his likes and goals. Also, he now knows that his company has a backlog of a year for his services. Talk about a nice secure job feeling.

Oh, dinner.

Bye!

3 comments:

blue-foot Sue said...

Wow! Great news from NC!
I can't wait to see you on Friday.

Polar said...

Congrats to you for getting into the swing of school, congrats to Chris for his new position!

Nannin said...

Congrats on the new position for Chris. And the school work. It sounds like things are coming along great.