Saturday, September 19, 2009

The OB, solving mysteries, and hitting the curb

First off...the OB. I went in for my 34 week visit this week. Among other things I got an ultrasound. So far, Ian is 6.2 lbs and is in a head down position. His heartbeat, my blood pressure and everything else is going great. He is a little bigger than he should be (there was a chart with two lines and he was on the bigger line) but not bigger than is healthy. I have been informed that if he comes when I say (the 5th) he will be a 7 lb baby...right where Melly was. I have been having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions and am so totally ready to have this boy.

The mysterious package that arrived yesterday has been claimed. Thank you!!!!!

As for hitting the curb... I was driving Melly to daycare and backed up and managed to slam the front right bumper and tire into the curb (which also had a metal storm drain). I finally decided to fess up to the insurance agency and tell them when I realized that part of my bumper was not really attached anymore. *sigh* So I took it to get appraised yesterday and the lady was very nice. It's only going to cost me 5oo bucks to fix, but it will be around 750 total. They are going to fix rather than replace (except for the hubcap which I smashed into little pieces). Nothing severe. Nothing serious. Just annoying. And costly. Oh well. If it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Hopefully the parking gods (and my inability to lean over) will both change into my favor soon.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Mr. W said...

Tsk tsk...
Time to improve your spatial relationship skills eh?

Yup.
It is.

Curb smasher.