Sunday, August 28, 2005

Back at work

Here I am, back at work again. At least it's much quieter tonight... not like last week where I managed to mess up in the morning and look totally stupid. (Yah me!) Other than that, this weeks excitment included going to the circus, Chris's birthday, party last night, more rehersals at faire, another eye appointment (yah new contacts) and the realization that classes start at cabrillo on Monday.

The circus was so much fun! Chris went with me and there were people being shot out of cannons and llamas and clowns (I hate clowns) and dogs and elephants and tightrope walkers and lots of singing and dancing... basically pretty cool. And really I think to myself, why can't I be a circus performer? And then I think about todays dancing lesson and I remember why.

I love the new contacts. But I think the guy who works as the assistant at the doctors office doesn't like me. I had a very hard time getting the contacts out once they were in ( getting them in, no problem, thirty seconds, getting them out well, I was there for an hour) But I am getting better at it. I managed to get them out after only about five min today. Good for me. Now what is really funny is that most people have problems getting them in, not out. They assistant told me I had it backwards. I told him I had more problems squeezing my eyeball than touching it. Go figure. But I wore my contacts all day at faire and they only stung a little. At the very end, when my eyes were drying out from all the dust and my nose was having allergy issues with all of the burlap that was hanging around. Who knew that I would manage to get an allergy to burlap...sheesh! But it was a good day.

I also just got the fabric for the bodice I am making this year. I managed to put it in place today, but will need to pull out a seam before finishing it (I forgot to cut the lining fabric and basically screwed myself. Go me.) But I did have some good ribbon to trim it with and will show it to Molly tomorrow and see what she thinks before I continue. I also installed myself at the costume approval booth for a while and was completely in the way. It was fun. We debated the merits of plaid shirts and why there were inapproprate. I even managed to score a free soda. I win.

Alright, it is again time for everyone's favorite, bed checks. So good night and sleep well, I'll still be awake in the morning.

No comments: