Thursday, September 21, 2006

How it works.

I started a pre-teen group a while back at work. Ok, so I didn't really start it as much as support it. There are really two girls who are doing all the work and I am the 'adult' overseeing the whole thing. But when I apply for grad school next month, I can put down on my list of accomplishments that I started a pre-teen group for about ten kids at a homeless shelter. It doesn't seem all that impressive to me, in fact it's very little work for me. But the kids love it and it looks good on my resume... Besides, I might get to go bowling on Wednesday for free. *grin*

I found this in the paper yesterday, and with all of my "headbutts of love" I figured I needed to share...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14922482

Man bites panda in Beijing zoo as retribution
Drunken migrant worker jumped in cage, was bitten after petting bear

BEIJING - A drunken Chinese migrant worker jumped into a panda enclosure at the Beijing Zoo, was bitten by the bear and retaliated by chomping down on the animal’s back, state media said Wednesday.

Zhang Xinyan, from the central province of Henan, drank four jugs of beer at a restaurant near the zoo before visiting Gu Gu the panda on Tuesday, the Beijing Morning Post said.

“He felt a sudden urge to touch the panda with his hand,” and jumped into the enclosure, the newspaper said.

“I bit the fellow in the back,” Zhang was quoted as saying in the newspaper. “Its skin was quite thick.”

The Beijing Youth Daily quoted Zhang as saying that he had seen pandas on television and “they seemed to get along well with people.”

“No one ever said they would bite people,” Zhang said. “I just wanted to touch it. I was so dizzy from the beer. I don’t remember much.”


Darwinism. Pure and simple.

Tah.

No comments: