Friday, September 08, 2006

The week rolls slowly on

It's Friday.

I'm very excited about it being Friday.

Not in the usual way of being excited about the weekend, but in that way that faire is opening tomorrow.

Chris has really cool hosen. They turned out better than I thought they would. Not bad for a first try. And what is better is that as time goes on, I am going to be able to make them better. So the next pair is going to be rockin... I almost have a new dress. I made the skirt this morning, and the bodice is almost done. All that is left is attatching the two, and finish all the hand sewing parts like the closers. I know that it isn't going to be perfect for tomorrow, but it will be wearable. And that is all I have to worry about. The bodice, I pawned off on someone else. And all that I need to finish for tomorrow is a patch job for the dress I made two years ago. It isn't going to be wonderful, but it will survive the season. I think my stress level is down a great deal.

The big news is Chris and I are trying to find an apartment to move to. After all this time, we have decided that living closer to San Jose might be beneficial. So we are looking at places in Scotts Valley. Close enough to SC to go, but far enough away to have peace and quiet and not deal with all the road work there. So wish us luck.

Not much else has gone on this week. The stress level I achieved last weekend is subsiding... Oh, the whole guild drama should play itself out this weekend, so I don't have to worry about it anymore... But that's life, right? If I didn't have anything to worry about, I might get bored. Or decide I need a vacation. Speaking of which... I think I want to go to Germany. The airport was nice, perhaps the rest of the country will be too... *grin*

I should really find something work related to do now.

Tah.

No comments: