Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I remember now...

I remember that I loved college. I always had something to do. There was always a reason to hop on a bus and go somewhere. I even liked my classes. And, in all reality, college must have liked me, because I graduated, right? I have been thinking a lot about college these days. (I am thinking about grad school.) And right now I am remembering something that had never really registered before. I lost a lot of weight in college. (As opposed to the kids who go and gain ten or twenty pounds, I lost that much...) And I think I figured out why. Stress. It makes me not hungry. It makes me feel kinda sick to my stomach all the time. It makes me not sleepy. I am beginning to believe that all of the not sleeping, not eating, and still getting everything done was in large part to... Stress.

Before continuing this little tirade, I need to tell you about my weekend... Or at least some of it. (Warning, parts of my weekend are censored, due to non-public information) So, Saturday was great. I really didn't do a lot. I sat around in German camp, learned how to use a support spindle (really suck at this, by the way), and showed up to a few shows and things I was asked to come to. Saturday was when I learned that my husband needed a pair of hosen (pants) by next weekend (really, and not kidding like I thought they were). But totally, not stressful. Ore tent has a place to live, we drank until we couldn't walk and had a blast. It was Sunday that everything started falling apart. My new costume, while really cute, needs work. This was brought to my attention several times by how it fit. Then there was a guild issue (it involved all kinds of drama and so I am going to skip it for the sake of not having this go on for pages, and for the sanity of the person typing this.). And on top of that, I was asked to make a bodice... By next weekend, as well as fix an old one from several years ago, oh yah, don't forget my husbands pants...Which still need to be made and if your not too busy you need a German Frau costume if you want to march in the parade with them. Is that enough for you? Well, let's stir the pot a little more by adding that the director of entertainment asked me if I would lead something for next year (this would be the censored part) and told me to think about it and let her know in the next few months. (This is the part that added to the already stressed guild drama.) Needless to say, I feel sick, I can't sleep, and I still have a work week ahead of me. All I know is that this was supposed to be my fun. What happened?

And now, because I seem to be using this as my personal dumping place for complaing...a picture to make you feel better... Aren't historical paintings great?

No comments: