Thursday, August 31, 2006

An unexpected day off

So I received a phone call this morning from one of my co-workers. As this was completely unexpected, I assumed it was one of those "my name is usually first on the phone so it gets called when the phone is bumped" calls. It wasn't. It was one of those "one of the gang members I work with threatened a co-worker and so we aren't supposed to come to work today" calls. So here I am, with an unexpected day off. Well, sort of. Except that with my job, I can't work from home. It's mostly hands on with the kids or preparing stuff for the kids, or, like yesterday, calling CPS on one of the parents of the kids.

On the positive side, now I get to spend the whole day sewing. Yah!!! It's kinds like the universe is looking after me... I got free tickets to Shakespeare Santa Cruz tonight. But the show starts at 7:30p. And I don't usually get off work until 8pm. So I was going to have to leave around 5:30 to make it on time. But now... It makes my life a lot easier. Really. Now I can spend the day looking up info for work, and still make it to the show on time. Glorious. By the way, I got these free tickets by agreeing to go as a walking billboard for the Nor Cal renn faire. So, I'm going in costume. How fun. Shakespeare dressed in Shakespearian clothing. And we are getting a special box.

In other news, I have started seeing a very positive side of hot house yoga and my gym routine. I am losing weight... Finally. I am down almost ten pounds and, hopefully, still losing. What a good week... Besides the whole gang threat thing.

I have promised my housemate a ride to work. So I need to be off.

Tah.

No comments: