Monday, August 14, 2006

41 backpacks later

This weekend was the first of workshops. It was great. I got to see all kinds of people I haven't seen in a year and Chris is going to be a German! (big hats) And if I don't have anything to do during their parades, I get to be one for a little while too. (really big hat) I'm so excited. (really, really, big hat) Also, and just as importantly, Erin is going to be there too!!! (really, really, really big hat) I am going to have the best year ever!!!!! Did I mention the hats?

I also stopped in SJ on the way home and gave a little speech at a church and in return received 41 backpacks and supplies. (kinda like a parting gift or something) They were really nice people. And they were totally sweet to donate them to us, I know the kids who receive the stuff will be all happy and excited. Yah!!! The speech went really well. Fitting that many backpacks into my car with four people already in it made it a little harder. What I find funny is that people can believe that I work for a non-prof but they can't conceive of me going to church. Wired.

Anyway, it's late and I'm grumpy.

Tah.

No comments: