Thursday, August 17, 2006

They're not savages...They're poor

This is what I heard walking into the office yesterday. Humm, not exactly what one might consider to be appropriate... But extremely funny. It set everyone off and we ended up making fun of each other and laughing all day. A very good thing.

Last night I followed the office manager to a yoga class. Not just any yoga... yoga in a room heated to 120 degrees! I have never sweated so much in my whole life! I couldn't even do half of the stuff because I was lightheaded. And it's not as if the poses were really hard... It was the poses plus the heat. And today my vacuum cleaning muscles were all sore. I think I will attempt this again next week and if I can see any improvement, I might continue for a while. You never know. Maybe I can do hot house yoga.

This morning my financial planner came over. In thirty two years, when I can touch my retirement plan, I will, apparently, be rich. At least that is what I think she is telling me. Well good. I'd like to be rich at some point in my life even if it's closer to the end than the beginning. She says that I'm smart for planning for my financial future now. Interesting. I was actually feeling like I should have started this a long time ago. I was thinking I was behind. Who knew?

The little clock on the bottom of this computer says it's time to go to work. So I will talk to everyone later.

Tah.

1 comment:

blue-foot Sue said...

Interesting that you went to yoga yesterday, I did too! Mine was not the hothouse variety.
One of the faculty in the English dept is a teacher and she has been offering the course to anyone in the department on Wednesdays for the past year. I decided to try it. I really liked it. It was a advanced beginner class. I could only do about half of the poses but I did my best.
She said I would notice a difference in my flexibility in a few months. I do feel stiff in my "vacuuming muscles" today too.