Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Why I don't give blood

So I went to the doctor and she was quite nice. She told me not to worry about anything and laughed at my minor heart murmur. However she did say she would keep an eye on it and if it got any worse then I would get an EKG (How exciting!!!) She sent me off with another appointment for the end of may, a note saying I can go to the dentist, and a piece of paper saying that I needed to get blood tests. Go me for being healthy!!! I also go weighed (which I had been dreading) and I have gained a whopping... 2 pounds. Eating what ever I want all the time seems to be agreeing with me. Ok, it's not whatever I want, I have been keeping (slightly) to the diet I was on before just adding lots more.

Meanwhile I still had to give blood. *sigh* So I went to my regular doctors office where they have a lab. I ate before I went but was still nervous and feeling morning sick. I got called back and told the nurse that I always feinted. (yup, I'm a baby, what can I say?) She had me lay down and pulled out three viles. (THREE?!?!?!) And sure enough I was out as soon as my body registered the loss. And when I woke up, I was told that I managed to pass out and throw up at the same time. Go me! I'm like a double threat. The positive side is that I don't have to do it again for another month... the negative side, I have to do it again.

Otherwise... according to the baby calender, I am somewhere between 11 1/2 and 13 1/2weeks (yeah, that will teach me to not pay attention) and my little tadpole is the size of a plum or so. It has all of it's functions like feeling in it's fingers and taste... So weird.

And now I am looking for food before I get all nasty feeling.

2 comments:

blue-foot Sue said...

I suppose you shouldn't eat next time, you poor thing!

Another good thing is that you are at 3 months so perhaps the morning sickness will abate.
It also means that we could be looking at a Thanksgiving baby. That would be very neat.

Nannin said...

That's a special talent that you have there. Although reading it reminded me of the Avocado story. I'm glad that you are well.