Thursday, October 18, 2007

Angry Lawn Gnome


I went to the OB yesterday. She measured my belly several times and then decided I needed an ultrasound. Ok. I like ultrasounds. Melody doesn't, but then she still doesn't get too much of a say in the situation. I found out that the reason for this is that my belly got really big in the last two weeks and she was concerned as to why. So I went in and laid on the table and got all gooped-up. And low and behold I got a good look at Melody. She is head down and ready to come out... and huge! Right now she is approx 7.5 pounds and we still have three and a half weeks to go. So the good news is she is ready and waiting to come out, the not so good news is that if she chooses to say inside much longer she is going to be too big for a natural birth. So I am scheduled for an inducement on the 12th of Nov. (And yes, that does mean they have moved up the due date, again)

My favorite part of this whole thing is I have more pictures of her. I have two beautiful shots of her little face...and she looks adorable and pissed. In fact she looks like an angry little lawn gnome. And who wouldn't be angry upside down and squished into a little space all the time. She looks a lot like her daddy. Especially when he has his grumpy face going on.

So the good news is that everything is well and good...Melody is healthy and very happy and very big. Now if only she will come out and play.

No comments: