Thursday, October 11, 2007

How a crib can change your life

This week has been very eventful. Not quite as fun packed as last week, but lots of things are falling into place. To start with I went to my normal doctor this week to check into all the bloody noses. She took the test sheet that my OB gave me and added more blood tests and then demanded I have a flu shot. I have never had a flu shot in my life and was very hesitant... I mean seriously, if I have the shot I will not build up the antibodies from getting sick and it will make if worse in the future, but she bullied me into it. And now I am sitting here with sore arm from giving up three vials of blood plus being shot with the plague.

In baby class we were given handfuls of ice and told to ignore them while doing the counting/breathing thing. I still disbelieve that a handfull of ice (or clothespins on my ears) feels anything like contractions... but with one class left I'm pretty much game for anything. We also watched a video on how to make a newborn quiet (which had a section on shaken baby syndrome, for those of you who know about my baby games...and I realize that sounds very bad, doesn't it?)

Meanwhile back to the crib issue. The crib that Mr. C's mom bought us came yesterday. I almost made it through the night without demanding that it be put together. So the last thing Mr. C and I did last night was make a beautiful crib for our baby. And let me tell you... babies seem much more real when you have their bed taking up a good section of you bedroom space. I put one of the quilts I have been given on it and all the stuffed animals in it and wow... I'm really having a baby. And that baby will turn into a little girl who will grow up into a big girl... and OMG I'm having a baby.

No comments: