Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Diamond rings and other things

I was given a beautiful diamond solitary ring for a birth present from Mr. C. (And his mom) It is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't wait until I was not pregnant to wear it (swollen joints make rings not fit.). I wore it around my neck with my wedding band for several months and then decided to heck with it, I was going to wear my rings even if they were tight. It was then that I discovered that my post-pregnant finger size is bigger than it used to be. So I needed to size up my beautiful ring.

Across the street from me is a local small jeweler. I took the ring to him on Friday and he said it was an easy fix and he would have it back to me on Saturday afternoon. I told him that I worked across the street and was not going to be on this side of town until Monday so not to worry about it. He said that they were closed Monday's and he would have it for me on Tuesday. I said great and left. Pleased that I was helping out a local person.

I went back yesterday. The ring was not ready yet. I was a little miffed but he said that he would finish it before 5. (When I go home.) I received a call from him at 4:30 saying that he was going home early, but the ring was finished and he was going to bring it to me, at my work. (Apparently he was really sorry.) I said, well that's great but how am I going to pay you? He said all you have is a credit card? I said yes. He said well you can just come by later, when you have time. (Really? Are you kidding? Who is that trusting these days?) I had to argue with him that it was fine and I would come by at lunch today.

Moral of the story... Good people still exist in the world.

No comments: