Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

I love Memorial Day weekend. Not just because it's my birthday weekend but because it's three days that mark the beginning of summer. And the weather here was beautiful!

Starting my weekend early I went to the OB on Friday and everything is going fine. The new baby ran from the sonogram just like Melly did. It took a few minutes for the nurse to find him and she was getting the worried look... Melly went with me and was quite a hit. However she was not too pleased when everyone was paying attention to me and needed to sit on my chest when the doctor was examining my belly. I have an ultrasound appointment in two weeks to do the gender check (and counting of finger and toes ect). Very excited.

On Saturday the whole family went to the farmer's market and then I went off to my concert rehearsal. When I came home we did a quick swim (because swimming lessons were canceled due to the holiday weekend.) and then got a picnic ready for our evening concert under the stars. We got there is plenty of time and Melly got to explore the entire area.

She was pretty good for the concert, a little wiggly, but then again she is only 1 and a half... But Mr. C managed to film bits of the concert for everyone to enjoy. Keep in mind he was struggling with the baby and the camera so some moments are a little shaky but he did a great job. My favorite moment is during O Fortuna where the baby is in the frame....ah, my classic baby. I was also informed that when he orchestra played the Theme from Star Wars (The concert was movie themed.) she giggled all the way through the Emperors March. That's my girl.



On Sunday we did little trips...we went to the fabric store to finish Mr. C's pirate costume and then to the mall to get interview clothing for me (I have an interview for a scholarship in two weeks so I need belly friendly nice stuff.). Melly was glad to have a chance to run around.


We went swimming again on Monday and generally just stayed around the house. Until we realized that Ms. M was running a fever...a fairly high fever and then we did a lot of baby cuddling and Tylenol getting. (She is slowly getting better, by the way, her fever broke yesterday.)

1 comment:

Fischer Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADIE!!!!