Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And we're back!

Mr. C and I are back from our weekend vacation. We had a great time in IN. And an even better time at Gen-Con. That's right we got our geek on for four days and it was wonderful. Not only did we get to play in some rockin games, we also got pedicures (yes, Mr. C too) and saw GI Joe. (Which I like as an action movie, but not as an accurate depiction of the cartoon.).
Here we are getting ready for Friday night. So much fun!


Little Miss Melly did great with her grandparents. Apparently she didn't really miss us at all...in fact when we came home she snubbed me and didn't really treat me like before until this morning. Speaking of which we just dropped her off at daycare. She was happily playing with another child when we left. I was, and still am, an emotional wreck. Stupid crying. Rationally I know I am going to be picking her up in four hours. But coming home to a child free house and facing a long morning without her is just causing me to fall apart. Tomorrow will be better...not only will it be the second day, but I will be starting orientation and have a lot to do so I won't be able to sit in my own little pot of self-recrimination and pity. Besides...Melly loves being out and with other kids. This is really the best way for her to get socialized and learn new things.

I wish I could believe that.

No comments: