Sunday, August 23, 2009

Visiting the OB

One thing I have learned about visiting the OB is it's never boring. I always end up with something funny or weird happening. This last week I went while Melly was starting daycare so I got to have the quietest visit in a very long time. However after being assured that Ian is growing nicely and reminded (once again) to take prenatal meds, my doctor asked about my dizzy spells. And, of course, I told the truth... I get very dizzy sometimes. About once a week. And I can't function for a little while until they go away. So as a precaution I am going to see the cardiologist tomorrow. I know that I have had some interesting heart stuff before (palpitations, irregular heartbeat, and a very small murmur when I was little) but all of that has gone away and I have had a clean bill of health for many years. (So says the US Peace Corps and the hospital that Melly was born in.) So I'm not really worried...just amused. But my favorite part was when they were calling to get an appointment for me...the nurse on the other side asked why I was being referred and the nurse on my side said 'pregnancy and palpitations.'. To which I responded 'both are very dangerous and catching diseases.'

I'll let everyone know what the cardiologist says tomorrow night...but I'm sure it will be nothing.

Cheers.

No comments: