Sunday, August 09, 2009

Christmas Stocking

When Mr. W and I were growing up our mom made us cross-stitch Christmas stockings. Because of that I have always thought that all homes needed handmade stockings. I have been attempting to make Mr. C his own stocking for several years. I always had such a great idea and then time or something would get in my way. But last year, while visiting my mom she gave me my old stocking and Melody's new one. So it was time I made the final effort. And so we ordered a pattern and the race was on. Needless to say, the move, the new state, the baby and everything else got in the way and I didn't manage to make his stocking in time for Christmas. But, with two days until Melly and my one year anniversary in NC I have finally finished his stocking. This afternoon I plan on sewing on the backing and the lining and he will be all set to be proud of his stocking on the wall this year along with mine, Melody's and Ian's (which I have been told is coming along nicely).

I am so glad I finally managed to finish one for him.
I love Christmas.
I love traditions.

1 comment:

blue-foot Sue said...

It turned out beautiful!

Coincidentally, I put the backing on little Ian's just yesterday.

I will bring it as a welcome-to-the world gift soon.