Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Alligator

Tonight I decided to open the window in our bedroom. Sadly, the window is broken and so the only way to get it open is to go on safari through the brush that surrounds the house on three sides. But I am a dauntless explorer. And so, armed with my bedroom slippers, a pencil (to prop the window with) and a large flashlight I went into the abyss in the middle of the night. I made it to the side of the house with no problems... But then sitting in a small hole right in my way was an alligator.

It sat there and stared at me in the way only a man eating gator can in the glaring light of my flashlight. I freaked. I quickly backpedaled and went back into the house. Then, not trusting my own eyes I called for Chris to rescue me. He followed, a little more confused than I was as I wouldn't tell him what I was scared of... And then Eva came too. We stood about for a Moment in the dark contemplating the alligator as it looked at us with unblinking eyes (hum, unbliking, possibly a clue)... Then Chris threw a pencil at it. (My pencil, by the way. The one for the window that I was going to open so he would be comfortable at night) And it went thunk. A very plastic noise.

Trying to salvage my pride a little I continued my window adventure and propped the thing open and was about to escape into the anonymity of the house when my neighbors came out to see what all the noise was about. I had to cop to being scared of a plastic toy. Yes, everyone giggle a little. Now leave me alone to sulk.

No comments: