Monday, May 29, 2006

Where to start

I don't even know where to start this entry from... I guess I will have to go by date.
I bought a car on Friday. It's my new beautiful Honda Fit. It's dark gray and all shiny. *sigh* The fun part of all of this is: The dealership would not take Peter. Poor thing. So I sold him to the guy selling me the car. For a whopping 200 bucks. Yah me. But more on my beautiful new baby. He has so many bells and whistles like ABS brakes and power steering. It's amazing. The best part of the story was when I called my insurance company to get my insurance switched.

Me: I need to get my coverage switched from the Metro to my new car.
Him: OK. What kind of car is it?
Me: A 07 Honda Fit.
Him: A Honda what?
Me: Honda Fit.
Him: Fix? F-I-X?
Me: No, Fit. F-I-T.
Him: Oh. What is it?

The conversation continues for a long time in this vain. We finally agreed it was a four door hatch back kinda like a Focus.

Then I decided that that way to find out exactly what my new baby could do, I drove him to LA. It was faboo! Erin, Chris and I took a glorious drive to... Sylmar. (Don't know where that is? It's near the 5 and 210 interchange) The hotel was skanky, they made us sign that we read the rules and there were security guards there. Hum. Needless to say, I didn't sleep a wink all night. My poor new car, all alone in a dangerous place.

The next day was all "Happy Birthday to me!" We went to Magic Mountain. I love roller coasters. It was so cool. We only rode a few of them before eating lunch and busting out for mom's. She fed us and we had cake. This is perhaps the best birthday ever!!!

The next day we went to the Pirate dinner theater. It was bizarre. Singing and dancing and a terrible plot line. I loved it! We had the yellow pirate who didn't abandon the captain for the mutineers of true love. *sheesh* GO YELLOW!!! Of course when you have the non-lovers as your hero, you know you are going to lose. But that's OK. It was awsome. I yelled so loud I lost my voice and drank so much run everything was funny. Thanks everyone for making my b-day the best ever!!!

And so I am home now. The car is awsome (and still nameless) and I am ready for work tomorrow. What a great weekend. I can't wait to see what the summer has in store for me.

Tah.

No comments: