Thursday, June 01, 2006

Welcome to June

Here it is, the month all of the kids have been looking forward too... JUNE!!!
Actually, I have been looking forward to it too. But not for the same reasons. June means I am off probation at work. Now they actually have to come up with a real reason to fire me. Not that they would. My boss keeps telling me that she loves me. Everything is going pretty well. I am a little upset that no tutors showed up last night... Well, one showed up at 6:45 after I sent home all the kids. But I did end up with three kids and I helped one of the kids through the story "The Lottery". She had read it once and not understood. But this time she sure did. The look of shock on her face when she realized that the lottery was not good... She looked beseechingly at me and asked if it was a real place. Poor thing. But now she can write a paper on it. If you haven't read "The Lottery" By Shirley Jackson, I suggest you do. I read it in high school and will always remember it.

What else? How about pirate dinner theater pictures... (These are from Fluffy, thanks babe!!!)

As soon as I have more, they will be posted. I promise.

Tomorrow I have to go to a gang training. Perhaps this is a good opportunity to learn how to recognize and join... I mean avoid. Strangely enough, I am supposed to have my hair dyed pink and red today. I wonder if that will make an impression? I'll keep everyone up to date on the details. Right now I need to go to the gym.

It's a pirates life for me...

Tah.

No comments: