Friday, June 23, 2006

Tires and womanliness

Yesterday I changed the tire on a co-workers car. There were lots of obstacles to overcome, including not having a lug wrench that fit the lugs, not knowing how to work the jack, not having the right lugs to fit the new tire... And the list goes on. The co-worker that I was helping said at one point "This is why I need a boyfriend". Hum. As you might have guessed, this would be when I went off my my little soapbox.

me: You don't need a boyfriend. What you need is to be able to do things for yourself. Once you know you can do it without help, then having someone do it for you is just fine.

And I went on like this for quite a while. I hate that. (not me, her attitude) She is perfectly capable of changing her own damn tire. And fixing up her own damn life! Aarrgg! It's no wonder she is always calling in sick and having tons of drama. She thinks, or acts helpless! I HATE THAT!!!

Ahem. I'm done now. Tonight I am leaving for Fair Oaks faire. It should be fun...Sleeping out of the back of my new car, sweltering in 100 degree heat up by Sacramento. It's only the best for little old me.

Tah.

No comments: