Thursday, June 29, 2006

And what is it that you do?

I have discovered a disturbing trend... People at work who are not sure what I do. I was asked several times yesterday (perhaps because I was sitting at the front desk with a book instead of my office doing what I do. But that's beside the point, since I was filling in for another staff member who was visiting his brother in the hospital and I wasn't supposed to be there anyway). Where was I? Oh, what I do. I manage the volunteer supported after school program, I talk to the school district and figure out how our kids are screwing up and how I (or the case managers) can make it better, I go to all the different sites and make sure that they are working and happy, I make sure all the kids have school supplies, I maintain the filing system (or make up a new one when I'm bored), I write curriculum... And the list goes on, really, because I do basically anything my boss tells me to do. (I wrote this list for myself, by the way. I was beginning to think I didn't actually do anything)

Meanwhile, I have been looking at the German slash and puff patterns. I hope I understand the directions better once I am actually holding the fabric, because seriously...What??? I think I might have to track down an actual guild member and get 'real' help. Instead of just messing up until I figure it out (since it involves cutting of fabric, this is not the best course of action).

Anyway, I hear that there is a 'very special' picture of me on tribe that I am off to go and find... Don't worry, if I find it, I'll post it.

Tah.

No comments: