Thursday, December 14, 2006

I've done it now...

Yesterday I took a huge step into a great big black hole. Ok, so it's not quite so dire as I am making it out to be. I joined a weight loss group. Not just any group, mind you, but L.A. Weight Loss. I have been promised that I can lose 37 lbs by April 22nd. What do you think? I, for one am a believer. And why am I so optimistic? Well, I started this yesterday and I lost 2lbs. (I was weighed at the same time both days.) So I have a meal plan, a restaurant guide, a councilor who will call me if I don't show up three times a week for a weigh in and lots of accountability... Which is what I need.

Nothing else is really going on. Dickens is winding down. We have one whole weekend and one Saturday after that. Then I have to get myself to all of the family holiday parties and such. It's going to be a happy holiday, as long as I can get all of these presents made.

I am currently wasting time at work and should actually do something today... So far I have managed to move some presents around and gone shopping at Target. My life is so hard...

Tah.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I’m Andrea from Cone Inc.; we represent Wonka® and its Laffy Taffy® candy. I just want to let you know we heard you and would love your help. You were totally right. The joke just doesn’t make sense. (You may have even seen the backlash on FOXNews.com… http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235301,00.html)

Because of this, Wonka® wants you to be part of the process of ensuring all of its Laffy Taffy® jokes make sense, and more important, are funny.

This is just a heads-up to look out for an announcement regarding sweeping changes at Wonka® you helped bring about. We plan on releasing a statement before the end of the week, and we will want your feedback so we know we are taking the right steps.

If you have any questions for me in the mean time, I can be reached at alarrumbide@coneinc.com.

Thanks, for brining this problem to our attention. The satisfaction of our most devoted customers, like you, is our No. 1 priority.

blue-foot Sue said...

Wow! I'll bet you never expected to get a response from the company.
Do you think it is for real?

Unknown said...

This is totally real. Stay tuned for more from Wonka.

Thanks for the interest.