Sunday, December 31, 2006

This is it.

The last post of 2006. And what do I have to say for myself? Or perhaps, what did I learn this year?

I learned:
*if it's meant to be, it will be easy. As in, I tried to get a new job for a very long time and it was painful and no fun, until the job I have now came along. The interview was fun, the people were nice, and I had the job with in five hours. I'm not saying the job is easy, just the getting of it.
*When a person agrees to something, no matter how silly, they need to follow through. (I'm not explaining this one, but I bet you know what I am talking about)
*Time is finite. You will run out of it. Do things as if you don't have time for anything else and be happy with what you accomplish. (Then tell great stories about the things you didn't manage to finish and let them laugh at you as you laugh at yourself)
*There is always something to learn about.
*Buying new cars can be fun and entertaining.
*It's OK to say no sometimes. Other people will understand.
*Don't yell at the VIPs of your company. (While it might be amusing at the time, it will only lead to pain and stagnation in your job.)
*When asking people to do things that you know are hard, make sure you tell them it will be hard, otherwise they will hate you later.
*Eat lots of good things, you never know when you might find yourself on a diet.
*And finally, do what makes you happy. You might never get the chance again...

I'll see you in the new year...

Tah.

No comments: