Friday, April 21, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

This cold is going to be the death of me. My co-workers sent me home yesterday because (they said) that I looked awful and sounded worse. So, I went home after 4 hours and then slept all night on nyquil... Or the generic counter to it. And boy did I sleep. Of course I was also propped up on pillows. I bet that looks weird.

I also had the fun of replacing a headlight yesterday. I went to Kragen. Auto-parts stores are fun when you are clueless. But I gave it the old college try... I looked in the book and found my car and the number of light I needed. Then I spent several minutes looking at lightbulbs. Nothing had the same number. So I finally waited in line and asked for help. The guy was awesome. He looked up my car and then asked me what kind of light I had. Humm, what kind of light? The kind that doesn't turn on anymore? So we went out to my car and he asked me to pop the hood. Then he played with my light for a moment and declared he knew. (wow, it was like laying hands on my car... Oh Geo Metro... BE HEALED!!!) We went back inside he looked at his computer again and then handed me a headlight. Sweet. Now all I had to do was figure out how to put it in. So I drove to work. Once there I asked everyone in the office if they knew how to replace a headlight. The office manage said "Oh I totally do" so we went back to my car with the pink tool kit. (The pink tool kit belongs to my boss who says that all girls should have one) After the office manager giving me directions to take out lots of screws and do several really hard looking things she gave up and went for the maitence guy and I pulled out the geo's driver handbook. The maintence guy did it for me!!! Sweet. And he laughed at our attempts to take the whole light fixture off. Hummm, car mechanic I am not. SO my light once again works and life is again sweet in geo land.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Tah.

No comments: