Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday

In an attempt to be on time for work today, I called the number for the traffic people and looked up the traffic conditions online. Both said no problems. And like an idiot, I believed them. So when I discovered that the 17 was closed and had to find an alternate way I was a little upset. When I discovered that the other side of the road was closed in the ten min that it took me to turn around (because of a fallen tree) I was a little more upset. And when I was pushed off the alternate route onto an alternate alternate route because of a landslide, I began to think that this was the universes way of telling me not to go to work today. But here I am sports fans. Working... or having lunch. The office manager keeps looking at me and saying I don't look happy. Well gee. I feel like I have just stepped out of the winnie-the-pooh book about the great floods. Or possibly my not moving to Seattle means that Seattle has to move here.

But moving on from driving stories... Oh wait. I spent the weekend driving up to Weaverville and back. So all I have are driving stories... and nasty comments on how much I hate rain. But the weeks just keeps going. And sooner or later it will all be over and done with and next week will be better, or sunnier, or at least a little less adventurous.

Tah.

No comments: