Sunday, April 30, 2006

Life

Yesterday I joined the rest of the world in technological splendor. That is, I finally bought an i-pod. It's just a little one. A nano. It's like a baby and I have to take care of it or it will fall into the cracks between the seats and never be seen again! What possessed people to make something as small as a credit card and then think we won't lose it?

Chris has convinced me to start playing minis. If you don't know what they are...

So I asked to play the scantily clad beautiful woman (There is always one of them) And what do you know? Now I am going to get and apparently paint my figured today. Well, OK then. I'll let you know how that turns out. Apparently there is more to just buying the figures. There is a game with rules and everything. According to Chris if I don't follow the rules it's like shouting "pew, pew! I shot you!" "No, you didn't! It missed me and hit my invisible bullet shield" ...Conversation continues until punches are thrown and parents arrive to separate the kids... So rules, figures, and painting... Wish me luck!

In other news I am going down to LA for the last weekend of faire... Yah me. That's the weekend of the 19th (in case anyone cares) and then I will be going down the next weekend for a birthday extravaganza! I am going to Magic mountain! Yah, lots of rides and memorial weekend crowds! What could be more fun? Well, the next day we are going to the Pirate dinner show!

That's right, singing and dancing pirates. What's more fun is I have convinced lots of people to come with me! Ah the joys of having friends who are cool enough to do stupid things with you. By the way, when I called and got tickets the conversation looked a little like this...

Pirate Lady: So how many adult tickets do you need?

Me: Six... I think. Yah, six.
(by the way, I was one short. It's a good thing I'm a teacher)

Pirate lady: Ok. And how many kids?

Me: None.

Pirate Lady: None?

Me: Yup. None.

Pirate Lady: Oh. I see.

And what does that mean, hum? Pirate lady seemed unimpressed. Although she did seem surprised that I had money to pay for it. Interesting.

Alright. I should find some gainful employment for myself this Sunday morning. Perhaps I will finish that bodice that has been looking so forlornly broken at me...

Tao.

No comments: