Monday, April 24, 2006

Pop quiz

Ok, by a show of hands, who knows where the city of San Martin is? Hum, not a huge response. Possibly because it is a town the size of a small golf ball in the middle of nowhere? Yep, probably. I think the main point of interest would be the two, yes, two, homeless shelters. Sensing a trend? So I was driving there today. I decided to avoid the 101 at rush hour and take the old Monterey Highway. I drove and drove... Then all of the buildings went away. I was in the middle of the country. How peaceful. How picturesque... How lost was I? So I did the sensible thing. I pulled over and took out my map. Several maps in fact. And what did I discover with all of my maps... That San Martin was not on any of them... And for that matter, neither was I. For a while I sat on the side of the road perplexed and then came to a decision. I would drive until I ended up in Gilroy. If I got there and didn't find the elusive homeless shelter, I would go home and have to tell my boss that I was lame and couldn't find it. So I drove for twenty more minutes, and found the place. Hun. Who would have guessed it. And now, I know where it is and will only have to drive out to the middle of nowhere twice a month. The end.

Tah.

Want to know a crappy way to start your weekend? How about running your car straight into a cop car. No, I didn't do it, but I saw the results. The VW was all smooshed and backwards in the road and the cop car was mostly ok. I guess it pays to have a huge grill on the front of your car. And now you know. And if you knew twice as much, you wouldn't have to fight at all.

1 comment:

Miss Kalendar said...

I am happy NOT to know where it is!
And by the way, stop coughing. I can hear you all the way over at my house!!