Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's all over.

My car is home. My bumper is fixed!!! Yahoo!!!! I picked her up last night and was so excited. There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting back to normal. *smile* Or at least normal-ish. And getting rid of the ugly rental was pretty fun too. Although I was definitely making friends at the rental place. When I brought back the car (which by the way was a Lancer, not a Tracer as formally mentioned, sorry)it was the only car on the lot. *humph*

Last night I basically finished my bodice for Dicken's. It has been affectionately dubbed 'the watermelon dress'. (Mostly because it's dark green on the outside with pink lining.) I am a little worried about the size right now... I might have made it just a touch too small, or it might be just right (with a corset on) We shall see. I will post photos of it as soon as I get the hooks on and can actually wear it properly. I am going to make another one this weekend for Ms. B. (Only hers is going to be in dark red with light blue lining.) It's very exciting to have a pretty new dress. I just have to get the final details together. (Now this is the part I hate, the little finishing details) On the positive side, there is another caroling rehearsal this weekend. It's going to be awesome!!! I have a black folder with songs and I'm ready! Ready I tell you!!!

I went to the dentist. You know, the dentist never used to be an ordeal. I used to kinda like going. It meant that I got a 'special' lunch and time off school. Now it means that my mouth is going to be sore and I still have to go to work. But on Tuesday she told me I was a good girl. (That my teeth and gums were all in the normal range) Yeah me! Healthy teeth and gums.

My boss is on vacation until the first week of Nov. (Or the 8th, if you prefer) Which basically means I have to make a daily report to her for the next two weeks. Which can be fun... Except that I don't do a whole lot and if I don't write about half a page a day I feel like I've been slacking. However the Halloween party is next week. (And the nice kids from some of the local high schools are putting on the event and I don't have to do anything but supervise, yahoo!!!) And I am passing out Halloween costumes today and tomorrow, which should be nice and ugly. (It's first come first served...which means lines and fighting adults) Hopefully it won't be the kind of mess I think it's going to be. But if it's too bad I won't do it again.

Alright, I need to shower and go to the gym... I love being able to go again. It makes me feel all healthy and stuff.

Tah.

1 comment:

Miss Kalendar said...

Does this mean we go on 2 hour lunches while she's gone?!

just kidding - you know I'd faint if I even tried to do that.